Replenish. Hydrate Recover.
After a hard workout, its important to replenishment and recover properly. Replenishing lost minerals and electrolytes while fueling your muscles with aminos can help fight muscle breakdown during recovery.* When you’re not training or recovering, you can still reap the benefits from BCAA+ When water just won’t cut it, don’t reach for a sugary sports drink, grab some BCAA+ for a flavorful, sugar-free way to hydrate.
FULL TRANSPARENCY IN EVERY BOTTLE
We use a pharmaceutical grade 2:1:1 ratio of Branch Chain Amino Acids. Which have been clinically studied and PROVEN to effectively aid in muscle repair, growth, muscular energy and even fat loss. In a University study BCAA products with inflated ratios of 8:1:1 or even 10:1:1 show no added benefit over their 2:1:1 counterpart.
Essential Amino Acids
There are 9 essential amino acids (EAA), which includes the 3 BCAAs. Essential amino acids cannot be synthesized in the body, and therefore, must be obtained in the diet. The BCAAs are primarily responsible for signaling an increase in protein synthesis, yet all EAA are required to form muscle tissues.
- A recent study by Wilkinson et al. (2017) found 1.5g of EAA (with just 0.6g leucine) to maximally stimulate muscle protein synthesis – an amount no different from 40g whey protein. BCAA+ contains over 7g EAA in one serving.
- Just 6g of EAA after exercise have also been shown to increase muscle anabolism post-exercise, promoting recovery and growth.
- EAA supplementation during a caloric deficit helps preserve muscle mass while promoting greater rates of fat loss.
A combination of Astragalus Membranaceus and Panax Notoginseng, AstraGin® has been validated to enhance nutrient absorption.
- Increases genetic expression of nutrient transporters along the intestinal wall
- Enhances amino acid absorption by 41% and leucine absorption by 58%
Cellular Hydration Ingredients:
Taurine has a myriad of benefits. From helping the body to metabolize fat, improving insulin sensitivity, raising testosterone levels, as an antioxidant, to higher performance and quicker recovery during athletic training and increasing cardiovascular health.
- Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. It also decreased exercise induced DNA damage.
- Baek and colleagues (2012) found taurine to increase rates of angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels), and this effect is enhanced even more in the presence of beta-alanine.
- May reduce rates of cramping, especially if cramps are being caused by stimulants.
Coconut Water & Electrolytes
Coconut water and electrolytes help accelerate recovery of essential bodily fluids to maintain proper cellular functioning and athletic performance.
- A study comparing carbs + electrolyte vs. aminos + electrolyte found greater cellular rehydration with the amino + electrolyte blend, which also contained more potassium and magnesium (Tai, et al., 2014)
- Coconut water has been suggested to be a superior rehydration beverage than both carbohydrate-electrolyte drinks and plain water by equally restoring body fluids and being easier to drink (Saat et al., 2002)
Niacin (vitamin B3) is required to form nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). NAD performs the same function as FAD and may also slow aging.
Like the other B’s, B6 is heavily involved in energy metabolism. It is a cofactor in over 100 reactions, many of which within the muscle, where it helps with glycogen utilization.
Cobalamin (B12) may be the most popular of the B vitamins. Indeed, B12 does help with energy as well as oxygen transport and nervous system function.
Muscle Rebuilding Ingredients:
Branched Chain Amino Acids
- The branched chain amino acids include leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Their branched structure predisposes them to oxidation in the muscle, but leucine is the primary nutrient acting as an anabolic signal, activating mTOR and protein synthesis.
- The amino acid leucine is the most potent nutritional signal for increase muscle protein synthesis (Norton, 2012).
- Research comparing different dietary leucine contents have observed that leucine is directly related to lean muscle mass and indirectly related to fat mass, meaning more leucine translates to more muscle and less fat over time.
- HICA (α-hydroxyisocaproic acid) is a metabolite of leucine. Similar to other leucine metabolites (e.g., KIC & HMB), HICA aids in the resistance of muscle damage and breakdown.
- Just 4 weeks of HICA supplementation has been found to increase lean body mass and reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) by tipping the scales in favor of anabolism (Mero et al., 2010).
- Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body. It contributes to several muscular anabolic processes, gut function, and immunity.
- Can independently stimulate muscle protein synthesis
- Used for replenishing muscle glycogen after exhaustive exercise, especially when low-carb
This is a great flavor for me personally it’s not too sweet not too tart it’s right there on the spot👌🏼i sip this through out my workouts to stay hydrated but as well to help with recovery also, it mixes extremely well!
Great flavor. This has definitely been helping me recover on tough workout days! Definitely will be restocking on this!
I went into the use of this pre workout with a lil skepticism...I hadn’t used any from anywhere in about a months time and I wanted to find something new that had an immediate impact...I found that in K9. The affect blew my expectations out of the water. If your lookin for that push to last through your whole workout K9 is where it’s at.
Absolutely love it! Gets me pumped to work out and doesn’t leave me with a crash or gross metal taste
I love drinking the BCAAs with ice, almost making a slushee out of the drink, it’s awesome!
Got my package only a couple day’s after ordering. Both supplements taste great and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to push their workouts to the next level. I take pre workout every morning before my lift, I personally like the stim/tingle from this pre. That being said, not everyone is about it and if your still wanting to try some pre workout the lower stim Pink Lemonade flavor is great.
I love some good bcaa’s and these are definitely in that category